ReadyWise Food Review
ReadyWise produces emergency food kits for camping, road trips and backup supplies at home. They make long-lasting shelf-stable food that is affordable and tastes good, too! They use dehydrated and freeze-dried foods to preserve food shape, flavor and nutritional value.
Each meal requires only one cup of water, so they are convenient for any situation. Any water temperature works, although boiling water is better. The survival kits make it easy for our family to take stress-free trips and have the security of knowing we have emergency food at home.
- Berries. High in fiber, berries are naturally sweet, and their rich colors mean they are high in antioxidants and disease-fighting nutrients.
- Fish. Fish can be a good source of protein and omega-3 fatty acids, which help prevent heart disease.
- Olive oil. Olive oil is a good source of vitamin E, polyphenols, and monounsaturated fatty acids, all which help reduce the risk of heart disease.
- Leafy greens. Dark, leafy greens are a good source of vitamin A, vitamin C, and calcium, as well as several phytochemicals (chemicals made by plants that have a positive effect on your health). They also add fiber into the diet.
- Nuts. Hazelnuts, walnuts, almonds, pecans — nuts are a good source of plant protein. They also contain monounsaturated fats, which may be a factor in reducing the risk of heart disease.
What ReadyWise Offers Us
• Since the products are designed for people on long trips or who need a long shelf-life, the foods are either freeze-dried or dehydrated and can last for 25 years. We can just add water for a ready-to-go meal!
• We need a lot of nutrition to help with endurance when we go on long trips, and these foods contain high-quality ingredients and are made in the U.S.
• It can be hard to know how much food we’ll need, so ReadyWise offers a food quantity calculator to provide an estimate of how much we should buy.
• We need different amounts of food depending on whether we’re stocking up for potential natural disasters, taking an extended backpacking trip or going camping for a weekend. We can select a package for anywhere between 3 days and a year depending on what we need that day!
• We like to have more than just food in case of an emergency, so we use ReadyWise’s specific survival kits for different situations including camping, hurricane planning and road trips.
• They also have a generalized all-purpose survival backpack for less specific situations.
• ReadyWise gives us a lot of food options, which is great for catering to the whole family’s tastes! Options include chili, meat, rice, vegetables, fruits, breakfast kits, milk and eggs. They even have gluten free, vegetarian and vegan options!
• Since we aren’t always sure what we’ll like, we appreciate the ability to order samples.
• Long trips can be expensive as it is, so ReadyWise provides lightweight bulk options that won’t take up too much room in the suitcase or break the bank.
When we need emergency food or survival kits, ReadyWise has us covered. Their high-quality, safely packaged food bundles are ideal for any situation, whether we are preparing for an outdoor adventure, road trip or natural disaster.
We like to enjoy food, not stress about it. With prices hovering around $1 a meal and a 25-year shelf life, these food bundles always help us prepare for our next adventure!
Related Product Reviews
Next Post →